Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its a hundred and tenth day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to date on Monday, June 13.
Get the newest replace here.
- Russian forces have blown up a bridge over the Siverskyi Donets River, which hyperlinks the cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, slicing off a potential evacuation route for civilians, native officers mentioned.
- The Institute for the Research of Warfare (ISW) mentioned Russian forces ought to, in precept, be in search of to grab bridges quite than destroy them since they’ve struggled to get throughout the Siverskyi Donets River previously.
- The self-proclaimed officers additionally celebrated Russia Day on Sunday and commenced issuing Russian passports to residents in Melitopol, Russian state-owned RIA Novosti information company mentioned.
- Moscow-backed officers are solidifying their maintain on occupied territories by putting in Russian flags in and round Melitopol and Mariupol, with the signal to the port metropolis’s entrance painted within the Russian flag colors.
- Amnesty Worldwide accused Russia of conflict crimes in Ukraine’s second-largest metropolis Kharkiv. A whole lot of civilians have been killed in Russian cluster bomb assaults, the rights physique mentioned.
- Ukraine has uncovered sabotage actions amongst 50 folks in Lysychansk who had been leaking Ukraine’s operational data to Russian forces to assist Moscow with its offensive, the governor of Luhansk mentioned.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned Moscow’s techniques had not modified within the conflict and that poorly-trained Russian reserves had been now being deployed within the battle for Donbas, the place “each metre” is being fought over.
- Safety considerations raised by Turkey in its opposition to Finland and Sweden becoming a member of NATO are legitimate, NATO Secretary-Normal Jens Stoltenberg mentioned throughout a go to to Finland.
- European Fee President Ursula von der Leyen met President Zelenskyy in Kyiv to debate Ukraine’s candidacy for European Union membership that might be introduced by the tip of the week.
- The chance of nuclear conflict is larger right now than ever because the top of the Chilly Warfare, an arms analysis institute concluded.
The human price of the conflict
- Zelenskyy claimed Russian casualties because the begin of the conflict could go 40,000 in June.
- The governor of Luhansk mentioned about 500 civilians stay in hiding on the Azot chemical plant in Severodonetsk.
- Three folks had been killed in Lysychansk on Sunday, together with a six-year-old boy, and one individual was injured, the governor of Luhansk mentioned.
- Russian forces’ assaults on a residential space in Kryvyi Rih area of Dnipropetrovsk killed one lady and wounded 5 peope, the top of the Kryvyi Rih navy administration mentioned.
- Russian-owned successor of McDonald’s opened in Moscow three months after McDonald’s suspended operations in Russia.
- Ukraine has established two routes by way of Poland and Romania to export grain and avert a worldwide meals disaster though bottlenecks have slowed the availability chain, Ukraine’s deputy international minister mentioned.
- QatarEnergy signed a partnership deal with TotalEnergies for the North Area East growth of the world’s largest liquefied pure fuel (LNG) challenge as Europe seeks alternate options to Russian power.